and Standards of Progress
- Students take machine speed tests from 75 words per minute up to the graduation level of 225 words per minute.
- The passing grade for speed tests is a minimum accuracy of 95%.
- The minimum keyboarding standard is 40 adjusted words per minute.
- The minimum passing grade for written tests of theory, English, and legal and medical terminology is 70%.
- If progress is unsatisfactory as determined by the director, the student will be given a probationary period of two months in which to improve.
- If a student should fail to improve during the probationary period, the student will be dismissed.
Start a New Chapter
Stenographic Institute of Western New York
School of Court Reporting
4525 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14226
Mon: 6pm - 9pm
Tues: 6pm - 9pm
Thurs: 6pm - 9pm